Self Screening Tool.
You are now able to review the requirements and attest to your ability to order KetoCitra. Santa Barbara Nutrients is happy to facilitate this and make the process easy for everyone.
To purchase KetoCitra, you will need to enter the email address you used when creating a store account. If you do not currently have a store account, please create one here at https://store.santabarbaranutrients.com/account then return to complete this self-assessment.
This self-screening tool is a process to help you identify whether you qualify to take KetoCitra. Please read the guidelines and recommendations below to determine if you are eligible to take KetoCitra. If you qualify, you can purchase KetoCitra directly from the Santa Barbara Nutrients website.
We recommend a team approach between the patient, the dietitian, and the physician, and you should discuss the use of KetoCitra with your healthcare practitioner.
Guidelines and recommendations:
Who qualifies to take KetoCitra?
- KetoCitra is recommended for individuals with mild to moderate stages (CKD stages 1-3) of ADPKD.
- KetoCitra™️ contains the electrolytes potassium, calcium, and magnesium, it may not be appropriate for individuals with advanced-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD stages 4 or 5).
- KetoCitra is not recommended for individuals who have been told by their healthcare practitioner to limit their potassium intake.
What does KetoCitra provide?
Two servings per day with meals provides: 5.3 g of Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB), 3.5 g Citrate, 51 mEq Alkaline Base, 600 mg Potassium (~12% of recommended intake), 300 mg Calcium, 250 mg Magnesium per day.
- *For comparison, the amount of potassium in a large banana is ~600 mg, the amount of calcium in a cup of milk is ~300 mg, and the amount of magnesium in 1.5 cups of broccoli is ~230 mg.
If you are unsure if you qualify, you should talk to a healthcare practitioner before ordering KetoCitra. You can do so by choosing one of these options:
- Work with your own practitioner:
Your own healthcare practitioner can authorize you to order KetoCitra™️. Santa Barbara Nutrients is happy to facilitate this and make the process easy for everyone. You can use a form to generate an authorization request letter that you can either bring to your health care practitioner or that we will be glad to send to your health care practitioner on your behalf.
If you are interested in this process, please visit: https://santabarbaranutrients.com/your-practitioner/
- Work with SBN’s practitioner network:
We provide a network of pre-approved and trusted practitioners who are experienced with the nutritional management of kidney disease. All the practitioners listed have gone through extensive training as it relates to PKD and nutrition and are familiar with the use of KetoCitra. Note that these healthcare professionals are independent practitioners. Ask them for their rates and whether they accept insurance. Search for a healthcare practitioner here:
- We highly recommend the Ren.Nu program for the dietary management of PKD. Ren.Nu is a 12-week online program for PKD patients to learn how to implement a plant-focused ketogenic diet that incorporates KetoCitra. Ren.Nu is administered by the non-profit company RenAlign and led by highly experienced renal dietitians. More information here:
- Not sure if you qualify to take KetoCitra? You can make an appointment with highly qualified renal dietitians who will help walk you through their unique approach and programs for kidney disease. This is a great option for those interested in learning about nutrition approaches for PKD or those who have questions about how to achieve their dietary goals. The appointments are done remotely at your convenience. More information here: https://kidneyrd.com/work-with-us/
For more information regarding KetoCitra, please visit: https://santabarbaranutrients.com/faq/