Recent scientific publications from members of our team related to kidney health
PubMed Am J Kidney Dis. (2020) Available online 6 August 2020, In Press.
. Cellular Signalling (2020) 72:109639. PubMed
Ketosis Ameliorates Renal Cyst Growth in Polycystic Kidney Disease
Jacob A Torres, Samantha Kruger, Caroline Broderick, Tselmeg Amarlkhagva, Shagun Agrawal, John R Dodam, Michal Mrug, Leslie A Lyons, Thomas Weimbs. Cell Metabolism. (2019) 30:1007–1023. PubMed
- News Release: "Hope on the Horizon"
- Research Highlight in Nature Reviews Nephrology, "Ketosis slows the progression of PKD"
- Recommendation in F1000Prime, 04 Dec 2019
Crystal deposition triggers tubule dilation that accelerates cystogenesis in polycystic kidney disease
Torres JA, Rezaei M, Broderick C, Lin L, Wang X, Hoppe B, Cowley BD, Savica V, Torres VE, Khan S, Holmes RP, Mrug M, Weimbs T. Journal of Clinical Investigation. (2019) 130:4506-4522. PubMed
- News Release: "Strike Three: Researchers uncover a previously unrecognized mechanism..."
- Highlighted in "ASN In the Loop" (American Society of Nephrology)
- Research Highlight in Nature Reviews Nephrology, "Crystal deposition aids cystogenesis"
- Recommendation in F1000Prime, 12 Sep 2019
Emerging targeted strategies for the treatment of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease
Weimbs T, Shillingford JM, Torres J, Kruger SL, Bourgeois BC. Clinical Kidney Journal. (2018) 11(suppl_1):i27–i38. PubMed