Santa Barbara Nutrients is seeking a customer service representative, full-time or part-time!
The customer service representative will be responsible for answering calls, emails and chats, providing product information, and helping customers by being informative, empathetic, and eager to quickly solve a customer’s problem. This position is fully remote.
Who we are:
- Santa Barbara Nutrients is a start-up Benefit Corporation headquartered in Santa Barbara, California.
- We focus on science-backed, safe products using patent-pending technology developed at the University of California Santa Barbara.
- We are a team of kidney researchers and patients who are bringing to market formulations of safe, natural compounds, specifically designed to support kidney health.
- Our first product will be a medical food for the dietary management of polycystic kidney disease.
- Become part of a growing team dedicated to improving human health.
- Serves customers by providing product and service information and resolving any product or service problems.
- Regularly checks and answers customer inquiries by email.
- Attends to phone calls and patient inquiries via chat function on the website.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services.
- Keeps records of customer inquiries, complaints, concerns, etc.
- Takes the extra mile to engage with customers.
- Follows established communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Participates in team meetings to discuss the customer experience and how it can be improved.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Interact with customers via website chat functions.
- Respond to all general company related inquiries.
- General company administrative, organizational, and service duties as needed.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Tech-literate with computers, phone systems, mobile, spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills in English over the phone, clear and easy to understand speech
- Excellent written communication skills in English for email and chat
- Can quickly acquire product knowledge
- Proven track record of problem solving
- Able to answer the phone, listen actively, relay information, and document calls simultaneously
- Customer-focused for positive customer experience and resolution
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset
- Familiarity with polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a plus
- Previous experience in customer support, client services, sales, or related field
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
- Previous experience, especially in food or supplement or pharmaceutical industry, preferred
- Location: 100% remote. Must have a quiet work place at home with fast and reliable internet connection
- Schedule: You will be a member of a team of customer service representatives and will be responsible for a shift that is to be determined based on team member’s preferences and abilities
If this sounds like yo or someone you know, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.