Santa Barbara Nutrients is a startup benefit corporation launched by kidney researchers and kidney patients committed to creating innovative products for kidney diseases and kidney health. The first product will be launched in early 2021. We want you to manage the formulation and custom manufacturing of our products.
The right candidate will have solid experience in the dietary supplement or medical food industry.
You will work with scientists, nutritionists and dietitians on the team to create new, science-backed products that will later be marketed as supplements or medical foods, or developed for FDA drug approval. You will work with custom manufacturers to source ingredients, manufacture products, oversee quality control, label claims, and regulatory requirements.
The work is 100% remote and can be done from anywhere in the world with a good internet connection. Hours are flexible. This may be a part-time (e.g. 50%) or full-time position and is available immediately. Compensation depends on the level of relevant experience.
- Design new supplements/medical foods together with team
- Research and source ingredients
- Research regulatory and labeling requirements
- Research custom manufacturers, obtain quotes, be the contact person for all interactions
- Organize shipping, warehousing, interface with fulfillment center
- Oversee QC or product, audit manufacturers
- Label claims and label design
Required/Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Experience in supplement/medical food industry
- Strong communication skills
- Educational background in biology, chemistry, food science, nutrition, pharmacology or related fields
If interested please send email to email@example.com. Please include your resume and a list of the products you have previously helped to bring to market.