Santa Barbara Nutrients is seeking a full-time marketing assistant – social media, digital, and SEO specialist!
As a marketing assistant, you will be responsible for measuring and analyzing SEO strategy performance and effectiveness through tools such as Google Analytics. You will aid in creating social media content and work on developing proper material for our target audience to expand our customer base. In addition, you will work closely with the other members of the marketing team to develop marketing campaigns and the placement of these campaigns.
Who we are:
- Santa Barbara Nutrients is a start-up Benefit Corporation headquartered in Santa Barbara, California.
- We focus on science-backed, safe products using patent-pending technology developed at the University of California Santa Barbara.
- We are a team of kidney researchers and patients who are bringing to market formulations of safe, natural compounds, specifically designed to support kidney health.
- Our first product is a medical food for the dietary management of polycystic kidney disease.
- Become part of a growing team dedicated to improving human health.
- Review and analyze the company website for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Research, identify and implement keyword strategies to drive relevant website traffic
- Develop link building and other supporting strategies to strengthen overall organic performance
- Measure and analyze SEO strategy performance and effectiveness through tools such as Google Analytics
- Monitor and optimize keywords on an ongoing basis to drive conversions
- Prepare detailed optimization strategy plans
- Analyze keywords and SEO techniques used by other companies in this space
- Develop and present SEO specific tactics and strategies
- Plan, create, post, and monitor all social media content including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Youtube, and LinkedIn. Work closely with the marketing team to support campaigns
- Responsibility for expanding our social media reach and maintaining favorable consumer sentiment.
- Ability to think outside of the box and devise new ways to attract customers.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience implementing successful SEO Strategies
- Experience with SEO tools (such as Google Analytics, Ubersuggest, etc.)
- Knowledge of digital marketing concepts and how they work together (e.g., content marketing and growth, email, PPC, social media)
- Experience in developing social media strategy, driving customer service engagement, managing reputation, engaging brand fans, expanding consumer loyalty, amplifying brand
- Strong attention to detail; experience managing multiple social media accounts at one time
- Comfortable learning and using complex software programs
- Strong organization, communication, and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable distilling data into insights/optimization opportunities
- Ability to effectively work independently and within a team, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset but not required
- At least 2 years of experience in SEO, digital and social media marketing, or related field
- Familiarity with polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a plus
- Familiarity with office software and WordPress
- Previous experience, especially in food, supplement, or pharmaceutical industry, is a big plus
- Location: 100% remote. Must have a quiet workplace at home with fast and reliable internet connection
- Schedule: You will be a member of the marketing team and will report directly to the director of marketing
- Compensation will be dependent on experience and skill
To apply, please send your resume and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org